Sunday, December 19, 2010

Peanut & Serafina

I'd like to introduce you to the newest members of our family!!!

Here's Peanut....



And here's Serafina...




This past weekend Josh and I took the girls to get their early Christmas gift... two female Winter White hamsters. The girls have wanted a pet for so long, but unfortunately a dog and cat were out of the question due to my allergies. We've tossed the idea around for a long time and finally decided to go for it. So far it has gone really well (all 48 hours of it ;). The girls spent most of the first day just staring at them in their cage. We're suppose to leave them in their cage for the first 3 days (so they get used to their new environment) and it's driving the girls crazy! They just want to take them out and pet them! Can't say I blame them... they're really cute :) I've even found big, tough Daddy down there checking on them... and even leaving the space heater on for them :)

Peanut seems to already exhibit quite the rambunctious personality. She was climbing the walls of the cage and jumping from the 3rd floor the first day. She doesn't seem to tire very easily and likes to push Serafina around. Serafina is a little more laidback, but has already learned to hold her own with Peanut. They spend most of their day sleeping huddled together, under all of their bedding, in their little hut.


Right after we got Serafina and Peanut situated in their new home, this what I what I found downstairs.


And a little more hamster watching...


A little more... (don't mind the incredibly messy playroom in the background... we spent most of our weekend cleaning it)


And it pretty much continued all day!


Our proud new hamster owners :)

No comments: