Friday, March 23, 2012

Wrestling Hall of Fame

On February 18th, 2012 Josh was inducted into the Iowa High School Athletic Association Wrestling Hall of Fame. To say we are proud of him is an understatement! He devoted such a large part of his life to this sport that it's nice to see him being recognized for his accomplishments. It is a huge honor and he is humbled to be a part of such an elite group of wrestlers. Thank you to all of our family for being there to celebrate with us!


Waiting for our turn on the mat! The girls were SO good! I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous on how they would react... adults don't like being in front of that many people let alone when you're 2, 5, and 7! But they were perfect! They stood still and smiled and no one even picked their nose or pulled up their dress like mommy was worried about ;)


Standing on the mat listening to all of Josh's accomplishments! Very proud moment! But we look so serious in all the pictures!


The guy was walking towards us with Josh's award... look at the excitement on Maryn's face! Gotta love that kid's enthusiasm!


I'm so glad that I was actually there for a good portion of Josh's wrestling career. Not only do we have awesome memories together, but I think it makes our relationship stronger because I understand a part of him that is hard to explain. I am so blessed to be his wife and best friend.


Our three beautiful girls!!! Who were all so excited for their Daddy! We spent weeks picking out pretty outfits just for this event!


Me, my mom and my sister Jeanne.


The girls eating dinner in our suite after the Hall of Fame. Josh pulled a few strings and was able to get us seats up in a suite (and food!) for the finals of the State Wrestling Tournament.


My favorite picture of the entire weekend! Look at all those smiles!


A huge thank you to my Dad for the pictures! We were so surprised to be standing on the mat waiting for our turn and see Poppy across the mat in the media section! He got some awesome pictures!

No comments: