Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Popsicles

Today at the grocery store I bought our first box of popsicles for the summer season. After dinner the girls just had to indulge in the sticky goodness of the popsicles! I think Maryn only had maybe one or two popsicles last summer (with a lot of help from Mom and Dad) so this was quite a new experience for her! What a stickey, gooey mess! We seriously had to hose them down outside afterwards!

There were three flavors of popsicles to choose from and I held all three out for Maryn to pick from. She blatantly looked to see what Makenna had and then of course had to pick the exact same kind :) She definitely wants to be just like her big sister!

She looks so sweet and innocent!


This mess looks manageable, right???!!!


Starting to look not so manageable....


First of many times the popsicle was dropped... I wonder if she knows that popsicles aren't suppose to have a crunchy coating on them!


Yes she has now officially entered the "total disaster" category. I told Josh that if someone would've just randomly walked into our backyard they probably would've thought she was bleeding from the head - it looked like she had a head wound.


Of course, why not slide when she's covered in popsicle goo?! She left a big puddle of popsicle juice at the bottom of the slide thus accounting for the purple diaper bottom!


Another shot of the mess...


And yet another...


Total kid freedom! She LOVED every second of it! I think Daddy might have been starting to chase her with the garden hose by now though.


Makenna being the big girl that she is, knows how to appropriately eat a popsicle without making a gigantic mess. Thus I was chasing her sister around with the camera and I got this cute shot of Makenna :)

No comments: