Running out of the beach area from the swim. Great swim time despite swimming off course two times. He looked great coming out of the water and even talked to me as he was running through transition.
Leaving on the bike... I was too busy yelling at him so this was the best picture I could get.
Daddy's #1 fan! Makenna and I had planned for weeks to make signs for Daddy for the triathlon. She spent hours making these signs and was so proud of herself. She kept them a secret until the night before the race and then when Josh came to tuck her in bed she jumped out of bed and had to show him! He was very touched and said that was the highlight of his race! Makenna was not only a great cheerleader for Daddy but she cheered for all the triathletes. She would sit on the side of the road with me yelling "Go runner! Keep it up! Go biker! You're doing great!" At one time she was overwhelmed by all the athletes and said "Mommy there's just too many of them!"
Josh coming in on the bike and smiling at Makenna and her signs! And I also have to add looking GREAT in aero position! Go Budke! AWESOME bike time!
Leaving on the run and feeling pretty good at this point in time. He felt good up through mile 7 and then his back started spasming and his legs started cramping. He somehow made it through though with a run time that was only a few minutes longer than expected.
Coming in on the run and looking exactly like he just completed a half-Ironman. He was incredibly sore (still is!) and his feet seemed to take most of the beating. I should've taken a picture of his feet... blisters everywhere. Not too mention the foot injuries he's been struggling with all summer of course were painful during and after the race. Sidenote: See Joshua - I told you you run with your head down!!!
Once again, my husband continues to amaze me. His dedication and perseverance are like nothing I've ever seen. I am so incredibly proud of him and all that he has set his mind to and accomplished. And all the while still being the best husband and daddy in the entire world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment