Miss ____ ____ Budke is doing very well (HA! We're not telling her name!). She is growing as desired and gets increasingly active everyday. My favorite time of the day is after the girls go to bed and I can sit down for a few minutes and enjoy her moving around inside of me! She is so predictable, as soon as I sit down at the end of the day she starts doing gymnastics in my belly! I can't wait to meet her. I'm so curious about her personality and what she looks like.
I've definitely been nesting and trying to get as much ready as possible for her arrival. We cleaned out the play room (which is going to be her new room) and painted it pink a few weekends ago. I've slowly but surely been collecting the clothes that will work for that time of year and bringing them up to her room, along with extra blankets and itty bitty baby stuff. Her new baby bedding arrived and now we are just waiting for Maryn's new bedroom set to show up so we can move the baby furniture into her room. It's all coming together and now we just get to wait for our little peanut to arrive!
As many of you already know, we've been dealing with a difficult situation over the past 7 weeks. This may be repetitive but I thought I should blog about it just for journaling purposes. In mid-September I was prescribed a medicine that is not meant to be taken by pregnant women. Luckily something inside of me was telling me it wasn't right so after only taking one dose, I called the doctor the next day to double check (after doing lots of checking on the internet and finding horrible things). My doctor had since gone on maternity leave but the doctor filling in for her said that I should stop taking that prescription immediately and yet another doctor in that same practice confirmed this again at my next OB visit. The good news is that I took way too little of the medicine to affect the baby - thank God. Well we have been on an emotional roller coaster over the last month trying to figure out what to do. I asked to be switched to another doctor within the same practice and that seemed to escalate things to a whole new level. At one point we were even under the impression that if we didn't agree to continue on with my doctor then we had to leave the practice all together. My dear sweet husband decided to take things into his own hands and called to tell them he didn't appreciate them doing this to his 6 month pregnant wife when it was their fault. I know he was nice to them but at the same time I think he scared the life out of them (or should I say lawsuit out of them???). Anyway, after weeks of praying and debating we met with my original doctor and the office administrator this morning. We were comfortable with many of the answers we received and I actually understand now why I was prescribed what I was prescribed. Unfortunately the other doctors that were so adamant about me not taking this particular medicine while pregnant didn't know the type of this medicine or the strength I was taking (which apparently makes a huge difference) and pretty much scared the life out of me. Couple that with my doctor being on maternity leave and an office administrator who took things a bit too far, and the whole situation just got a little out of control. We're still trying to figure out exactly where to take things from this point. It's really hard to switch doctors at 6 months pregnant and I'm not really sure I even want to any more (since I don't believe it was a competency issue anymore and I know my baby was never in danger). This has been so hard on me is because I absolutely love our doctor and I have mentioned that on this blog several times. The thought of leaving their office absolutely tore me up inside. Right now I'm leaning towards staying put through the rest of the pregnancy and re-evaluating the situation after the baby's born. But then again, I change my mind probably at least twice everyday. Any advice or suggestions are welcome at this point in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment