Monday, November 24, 2008

Progress On The Basement

This may be of little interest to anyone else but us, but I wanted to document the progress they are making on our basement. We are one week down of living in construction. I was really concerned about it since the girls and I are at home all day, but so far it really hasn't been too bad. The noise is the main thing we notice, but we even seem to be able to block that out after awhile.

The "before" pictures:

Looking into our storage area by the bottom of the stairs. You can see all the new shelving Josh put up and all of our organization! It took a long time to get the mess that was scattered all over our basement into the storage area!


Storage area under the stairs and into the other side of the main storage area.


East side of the basement


West side of the basement


Now that I'm thinking about it these pictures really aren't the "before" pictures. I should've taken some before we spent hours and hours cleaning up all the junk that was down there.


The "after" framing pictures:

Looking at the bottom of the stairs and the new wall that will separate the storage area from the playroom. We created a landing of sorts at the bottom of the stairs and needed to figure out a way to incorporate that ugly maroon colored pole into our construction. When you immediately walk down you will be in the playroom so this little wall that curves around will turn into hidden storage space for toys! You will notice that extra storage space is a big theme in our basement.


Looking into the soon-to-be guest bedroom.


HUGE walk-in closet in the guest bedroom. One of the things I wanted was LOTS of storage and I got it!


Standing in the "playroom" and looking towards the bathroom (on the right), hall closet (on the far left) and hallway that leads to the guest bedroom.


Again me and my storage space kick... our new closet in the hallway.

No comments: