Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Trip to Church

Last weekend we took Maya to church for the first time. She was good as gold and slept through most of the service in her Daddy's arms. The girls were thrilled that Maya wasn't wearing her jammies for the first time :)

Maya hit another big milestone this past week and she smiled voluntarily for the first time (at 2 weeks 5 days). I was getting her undressed for a bath and talking to her and she just started smiling away at me! Melts a mommy's heart every time! The next day she even did it for Peepie too so I know I wasn't imagining things!

She continues to have very dry skin. Currently her forehead and legs are peeling. So much so that when I went to change her yesterday, I had pieces of dry skin covering my black pants by the time I was done.

Maya is a very strong little baby and can hold her head up for limited amounts of time. She can also forcefully push her legs off against the person that's holding her or whatever surface she is laying on. When she was just 2 days old she was laying tummy down on the scale at the nurse's office and she almost propelled herself off the scale because she was kicking and pushing so hard with her legs!

No jammies for Maya today!!


All snuggled up in her car seat after church. Look at those chubby cheeks! She is the first kid we've had that has gotten comments about chubby cheeks!


Her very well known scowly face! She furrows her brow and scowls with the best of them!

No comments: