Life with Maya is going very well. Maya is an extremely good baby. We don't know what we did to get yet another easygoing baby. She only fusses when she wants to eat or has to fill her diaper and she is already sleeping in 5+ hour stretches at night, meaning that I'm only having to get up once per night to feed her! And she doesn't even cry when she wakes up... she just lays in the bassinet and makes noises like she's trying to eat her way through the side of her bed :) It's unbelievable!
Unfortunately we've already had to make one extra trip to the doctor's office for Maya. Yesterday morning when I was changing her I noticed that both of her breasts were swollen just like Maryn's were when she developed that horrible infection as an infant. One of the breasts was bruised and warm to the touch and seemed to be bothering her. The doctor confirmed my suspicions that she does have the same kind of breast infection that Maryn had and she is already on antibiotics :( Quite the bummer but at least it's something manageable. Now I'm just praying that she doesn't get thrush from being on the antibiotics.
I'm also proud to say that I've now accomplished two whole days caring for the three girls all on my own :) One of those days even being a preschool day and Makenna was on time to school! I also took them to the store for the first time and learned a lesson the hard way... Hy-Vee Drugstore does not have carts that will fit an infant car seat. Thus I was carrying Maya in her car seat, carrying the diaper bag, and Makenna and Maryn were each pushing there own little children's carts. Then you add all the grocery bags to it after you check out and it was a little chaotic. I think I'll be going to Target from now on so I can actually get a cart that will work!
Maryn is a very proud big sister! Prior to Maya's birth we were more concerned with how Maryn would react versus Makenna, but Maryn has shocked us all and is absolutely great with Maya. She loves to hold her and asks if she can frequently. She knows to be gentle with Maya and loves to talk to her and show her all her toys :)
This was some time last week... can you tell I was still sleep deprived at that point?!
Daddy trying to wake up Maya to eat!
Our three girls! They were being really goofy one night last week and we let Maya get in on the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment