Thursday, August 20, 2009
1st Day Of School
Today was Makenna's first day of kindergarten! We have been talking about this day for at least a year!! She was so extremely excited and ready to go! Last night she had a moment of nervousness, but it quickly passed. This morning she was her happy self. She requested Peepie's famous baked oatmeal for breakfast and I think she inhaled it in less than 3 minutes! It was a very smooth, easy-going morning other than Maryn having a hard time with her big sister leaving. From the moment she woke up Maryn kept repeating "I want to go too!" and she would just cry and cry. Poor thing. Luckily she was better by the time Makenna and I left for the school. On our drive over to the school Makenna told me that she wasn't scared for kindergarten like Elmo was in the story we read. She told me she was brave, not scared! We pulled up to the school and she bounded out of the car almost forgetting her backpack! We said a quick prayer before we headed in the school, which was probably the hardest time for me to contain my tears. We went in her classroom and she immediately met up with her friend Chloe from softball. She hung up her backpack, I stole two hugs and a kiss and she ran off with Chloe without even looking back. It took a lot for me to voluntarily just leave the room, but I did it. And without tears. Funny how I was more concerned about me crying than I was about her crying. I just knew she wouldn't. That's the kid she is. Now I'm just counting down the hours until she gets home and I get to hear all about it! Maryn's anxious too... she was already asking at 10:00 this morning "Can we go pick up Nenny now?" I think this transition is going to be hardest on her. She lost her best friend and playmate for the majority of the day :(



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment