Thursday, August 6, 2009

Maya's 1st Solid Food

Maya tried rice cereal for the first time yesterday (5 1/2 mon old)! Makenna was so excited for her :) She documented the entire thing by taking lots of pictures with my camera! Maya did extremely well. She immediately started opening her mouth for the spoon and actually managed to make it through 3/4 of a bowl of cereal before she lost interest. She struggled in the beginning with the tongue thrust reflux thing, which pushed a lot of the cereal out on to her chin, but got the hang of it by the end.

Happy girl sitting in her highchair with no clue as to what's going to happen next!


Look of concern - "Mommy what's going on here?"


Now she's perplexed - "I'm not so sure about this!"


Now a look of interest - "Oh wait! That's good. I think I want some more!"


Mommy feeding Maya


Finished product!

No comments: