Sunday, September 13, 2009

Deep Thoughts From Makenna

As much as Maryn is our feisty, full-of-it, charming child, Makenna is our deep, sensitive, intellectual child. She always asks questions and makes observations that amaze me and Josh. Here are a few examples from recently...

I was getting Maya ready for bed one evening and Makenna was keeping us company in Maya's room. We were just talking through our day and everything that had happened. Out of the blue she asked "Mommy what if we don't get everything done today that God wants us to get done and then God decides that there's no tomorrow?" Have you thought about that lately?? We all should be, but I'm amazed that my kindergartener was.

Then just last week Makenna was sitting at the breakfast bar coloring before school. I was standing there doing something as well when she tells me "Mommy I'm coloring this person's skin darker because some people have darker skin." I agreed with her and told her it was a good idea and then she replied with "Yeah Mommy even if someone has a different color of skin than me I'm still their friend." She gets it and she's five. Amazing. I wish she could pass on the memo and get it to sink in to those ignorant adults who don't seem to get it. I love you darling. You have such a wonderful soul and I just know you're going to make a difference in this world!

No comments: