Now that Makenna is in elementary school she gets to participate in the week long Linn Mar Homecoming festivities. Each day they do something fun to dress up at school and celebrate. The photo below is from Mix, Match and Clash day - I think we got the clash part down pretty well :) She also got to participate in the Echo Hill Fun Run to raise money for her school. Each grade is given 30 minutes to participate and the encourage the kids to keep moving the whole time (walking, jogging, running, skipping, etc). Of course our kiddo decided to run the ENTIRE time (that's a lot for a 5 year old!). The next day she could barely walk when she got out of bed because her ankles were so sore!!! Now she understands how mommy and daddy feel after a long run!
Taking Maryn and Maya out for a morning run! This is my favorite time of year to do this with the girls. The leaves are gorgeous, the temperature is usually nice (although it's been a bit too cold this year) and Maryn loves to stop at the bench and enjoy the pond! On this particular morning the sky was extremely blue and there were lots of white, fluffy clouds in the sky. I asked Maryn if she knew who made the sky, clouds, trees, birds, and flowers. She shook her head and said "I don't know." I told her that God made all that stuff and she got this goofy grin on her face and said "Nooooo, Daddy did!" I tried, but I couldn't convince her otherwise :)
No comments:
Post a Comment