TrueNorth put on a family Christmas party this year. We had so much fun! The best part was when we pulled in the parking lot and sitting there was a LIVE reindeer and Mrs. Claus with an elf!! I was so giddy you would've thought I was the kid! I've never seen a real reindeer! The girls were so glad they got to meet Vixen! Then they each sat on Santa's lap and got to pick two toys from the Toy Shop. Maryn ran right up to Santa (cutting off all the other kids in her path), Makenna was a little more reserved but did well as always, and Maya was on the verge of screaming and she was only on his lap for 30 seconds while we snapped a picture! Maya didn't want Daddy to be more than 2 feet away from her. We then decorated some Christmas cookies and enjoyed the wonderful food provided by TrueNorth. Josh and I were just thrilled we didn't have to waste hours of our weekend standing in line at the mall to see Santa! On the way home we asked the girls what they asked Santa for. Maryn said toys and Dora and Makenna told us a chalkboard. Surprised by Makenna's answer (as she has been asking for an Easy Bake Oven for months now) I asked her why she didn't ask for the Easy Bake Oven. Things were quiet for awhile and all of a sudden we hear sobs from the back of the van. She was so upset that she forgot to tell Santa that she really wanted an Easy Bake Oven. We mailed an emergency letter to Santa that night so he would know what she really wanted :)
Later that same day we finally finished decorating our tree. It's weird having older kids now... I put on the lights and ribbon and they do the rest. Maryn and Makenna did a wonderful job! I loved that the tree was fully decorated four feet and down! I don't know if they noticed that the ornaments were slowly being rearranged over the next few days ;)
The girls with Santa! These pictures are pretty bad b/c I was trying to steer clear of the professional photographer and what he was doing. TrueNorth bought us the professional pictures so at least I have some good shots to keep!



Me and my girls!!

Maryn and Makenna with our decorated Christmas tree. There is a very funny story to what Maryn is doing in this picture... she is biting her fingers because she got superglue on her fingers. Josh was trying to fix an angel that she broke (accidentally) and she went back to check on it and ended up getting super glue all over her fingers. Josh tried to get it all off, but obviously as you can tell by this picture he wasn't successful. It was absolutely driving her crazy. She finally held up her fingers and said "I ask Santa Claus to fix this!"
No comments:
Post a Comment