My baby sure isn't acting much like a baby anymore. She is fully on the move! She pulls herself up on anything and everything, moves from object to object, and has even started cruising! Today she made 3 full trips up the stairs all by herself (with mommy very close behind!). It's hard to believe sometimes that she isn't even 10 months old yet!
And Maya and her eating... another way in which she seems so big! She has decided that she is too cool for bottles and only prefers a sippy cup. I didn't even realize this was happening until all of a sudden I realized I hadn't given her milk in a bottle for a few days (because I didn't have any to wash). I still nurse her at least 4 times a day, but the other times she wants to drink she has her sippy cup. I'm both excited and sad about this. And she has also decided she doesn't care for baby food... She likes the real stuff! She eats whatever we're eating, just chopped up into itty-bitty pieces and she LOVES it! She devours our food and turns her nose up to anything "babyish". This past week she ate homemade turkey and veggie soup, sloppy joe's, pork stirfry, sub sandwiches and many other foods. She has a fondness for green foods and I can almost guarantee you that any green vegetable you feed her will be missing from her tray first (peas, zucchini, cucumber, green pepper). She does amazingly well considering she really only has two full chompers on the bottom to work with (the upper two aren't thru enough to do much work). Every night at dinner now we just pull out the big chopping board and knife and dice up whatever we're having for Miss Maya :) Looks like she is continuing the trend of non-picky Budke eaters.
A few cute notes about Maya... she LOVES when we pray. When we all fold our hands and bow our heads to pray she lights up. Some nights she will even fold her hands with us. I'm glad that at such a young age she already enjoys this family tradition. And Maya is an absolute ham. She loves to smile and laugh. I can't tell you how much we hear about her beautiful smile and how happy she is! Oh and she is finally saying "Mama". It took a few weeks after "Dada" but she now says it regularly :)
And another story... Maya was getting in the habit (while she was sick) of having Mommy get her too much at night. So I decided that she was going to have to cry it out one night. She cried for probably a half hour and then after she got quiet I snuck in her room to make sure she was okay. She was sitting upright with her legs criss-crossed and her face planted straight down in her lap! Poor baby! I felt horrible! But at least she went back to sleep.
Maya and her big blue eyes!
Maya and Nenny... she is even starting to try and say "Nenny"
And I had to include this picture because I thought Maya looks so grown-up in it!
Miss Maya
No comments:
Post a Comment