Thursday, July 21, 2011

Big Girl Bed



Maya made the big switch to a big girl bed a few weeks ago! She's been potty trained for almost 6 months now and has been trying to climb out so we figured it was past time. Not to mention that she will be sleeping in a big bed on vacation this summer so we wanted to practice beforehand! She was very excited about the process but then when we showed her the bed after it was all set up all she would do is say "I don't like! I don't like! Daddy I don't like!" Over and over and over. She even shed a few tears over it. Luckily that all passed very quickly and now she wants to show off her big girl bed to anyone that comes to our house. I always dread this transition with kids, mostly because Makenna and Maryn made it difficult for me, but Maya was a piece of cake. She transitioned very easily and has only left her bed on a handful of times.

I asked her to lay down in her new bed in the midst of her "I don't like" rant and it didn't go very well. Notice how stinking long she is though!


No comments: