Sleepy Maya on the couch one day after falling asleep in the car. It was actually really late in the evening and I put her on the couch because I didn't want her napping at this time. She was so tuckered out though. I stood her up (while sleeping) and she just melted like a marshmallow. There was no waking this child up.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Maya's Naps
Why does napping have to be so difficult? Most adults would jump at the chance to lay down and rest every afternoon... why can't kids just embrace this while they have it?! Maya has been on a napping roller coaster. Last spring she all but gave up her nap. Then this summer she was back to 2-3 hour naps almost everyday. Then as soon as the girls went back to school she was back on a nap boycott. I couldn't get her to nap for anything. And it wasn't because she was done napping... she still needed them. She was fighting me on her nap in the afternoon but then as soon as we'd get in the car to run the girls to their evening activities she'd fall asleep in the car and then I couldn't get her to sleep at night. So two weeks ago I was desperate to get her back in a napping habit. I decided that if the car is where she wants to nap then I'll work with her. For almost a week straight we went on a drive right about nap time. She would fall asleep within 10-15 minutes and then I'd drive home and carry her up to bed and she'd sleep another hour or so. This must have worked because now she is back to napping 1-2 hours every afternoon without me having to drive around first! Books, sing songs, tickle back and she is out before I leave the room! Yay! No more grumpy toddler in the evening!
Sleepy Maya on the couch one day after falling asleep in the car. It was actually really late in the evening and I put her on the couch because I didn't want her napping at this time. She was so tuckered out though. I stood her up (while sleeping) and she just melted like a marshmallow. There was no waking this child up.

Sleepy Maya on the couch one day after falling asleep in the car. It was actually really late in the evening and I put her on the couch because I didn't want her napping at this time. She was so tuckered out though. I stood her up (while sleeping) and she just melted like a marshmallow. There was no waking this child up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment