This past weekend Maryn learned to ride her bike without the training wheels! The ease and speed in which she did it shocked us all. Knowing that she's athletic and extremely coordinated for her age, I figured she'd be a fast learner, but we were not prepared for how fast this process went. She was riding by herself up and down the block within 10 minutes of Josh starting to teach her. She was amazing... and so proud of herself!!! Pretty soon the sidewalk in front of our house got boring and she asked to ride on the trail behind our house! Josh took her back there and she rode for two miles all by herself on the trail (all with Josh sprinting to keep up with her!). She already understands how to stop (which usually takes a little while to learn after you get the balance thing down) but her fearlessness is going to get her in trouble. I can't tell you how many times this weekend Josh had to yell "Slow down Maryn!" She has absolutely no fear! I love seeing my kids learn new things and see the pride in their eyes! So fun! We're proud of you MarBear! You were a patient student and had excellent listening skills :)
Riding towards me on the trail! Josh (who is a very good, fast runner) said that he had to run a consistent 7:00 min/mile pace to keep up with her! Glad I didn't take her on the trail... she would've been on her own ;)

Here she is riding and smiling! I LOVE the happiness on her face!!!

Like I said, it was easy for her. Just riding along and looking at mommy taking pictures :)

Moving on down the trail with Daddy following her.

Maryn and her bike
No comments:
Post a Comment