Friday, June 15, 2012

10 Year Anniversary



Ten years ago today I married my best friend and the love of my life. To say we have been blessed is an understatement. I'm a dreamer and had all kinds of dreams for our life together, but never could I have imagined God blessing us this richly... Three healthy, beautiful, sweet little girls that have brought us joy that we never even knew was possible. Two more little ones coming in August that we already love beyond measure. An amazing career at TrueNorth that allows us to provide for our family, give to others and have some leftover.

But mostly, I'm blessed that this is the man that I get to love and be married to for the rest of my life. To know without a doubt that he loves me more than life itself and thinks I am the most amazing woman in the world is something that every woman should have in their lives. He is constantly giving of himself and going above and beyond for our family. These last few months have tough and have proven just how much he really meant it when he said our vows 10 years ago. Since being pregnant with twins has left me either sick (1st trimester) or unable to do most activities, he basically picks up the slack of everything. Not only does he work more than a full time job, he does most of the childcare and household duties. I honestly can't remember the last time I unloaded the dishwasher, vacuumed or scrubbed floors. He does laundry. Gives kids baths and puts them to bed. Goes grocery shopping at 6:00 am so we have food for the day. Gets home early to take the kids to their activities and then ends up staying up past midnight to finish his work even though he has to be up again at 5:00 am the next day. He cooks. He scrubs bathrooms. And then even has time to rub my neck and back at the end of the day and keep my water bottle full while I try to rest on the couch. And then realize that we have to clean more twice as much as everyone else because our house is on the market and we have showings. He pretty much has had to do everything over the last few months. But the most amazing part of it all... he does it ALL without complaining or expecting anything in return. He loves me and the kids so much that he lovingly serves us in this way. He wants no accolades or recognition, he just loves being a father and husband and wants to do everything he can for us. He is one of the most selfless servants I have ever witnessed. He is the exact example of what Christ had in mind when he set up the beautiful union of marriage.

So thank you darling.... for being my best friend and loving me unconditionally. For the best 10 years of my life. I know the next year may be a challenge but I know I can do it as long as I have you by my side and God in my life. I love you more than you will ever know.

No comments: