Wednesday, July 18, 2012

33 Weeks Pregnant

I read somewhere that twin pregnancies shift from the "uncomfortable" category to "miserable" somewhere between 32-34 weeks of pregnancy. They were spot on for me... my shift occurred right at 33 weeks. I always like to put on my brave face and tell everyone that "I'm fine"... but this is hard. I've been through three pregnancies and I've never felt like this. I've had a 9 lb 3 oz baby, a kiddo that sat on a nerve that caused me extreme pain in my hip/leg for a month and another kiddo that made me vomit so much that I lost 12 pounds. Nothing compares to this. Thank God I have worked into this because I'm afraid I would be much wimpier about all of this with no prior experience.

The good news is that the babies are thriving! We've now had 2 non-stress tests both of which showed the two of them are just happy as clams in there :) Our last ultrasound at 31 weeks 5 days showed that we have some very big babies... the boy is 5 lb 4 oz and the girl is 3 lb 15 oz. A fairly large discrepancy, but even with the girl being so much smaller she is still over the 50% for weight at that gestational age so they are not worried. Note I said "they" are not worried... I am absolutely terrified at the thought of giving birth to 16 pounds of baby, which is now proving to be a real possibility. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful they are growing so well, but can someone please tell me how this is all going to work out since my c-section isn't scheduled until August 20th? That little boy will be 9 pounds on his own by then! Both babies are head down, with the girl in Baby A position, meaning she will come first most likely. Her brother is pretty much sitting on her head thus not allowing much movement from her. Both babies have hair that is visible on the ultrasound :)

Symptoms: Swelling, swelling and more swelling. In my feet and hands mostly. Acid reflux and heartburn. Pelvic pressure. Seeing spots occasionally. Dizzy. Back pain. Run out of breath easily. Difficulty sleeping. Go to the bathroom frequently (and a plethora of other bathroom related issues you don't want to hear about). Pains in my ribs. Difficulty walking. Carpal tunnel. Basically, I just hurt all over. End of story.

Here is a pretty picture of my swollen feet... I'm pretty sure I no longer have any shoes that fit.


My belly at 33 weeks. I measured 42 weeks pregnant just 3 days before this picture was taken.

No comments: