To catch up on the stories and intricacies of the Budke girls...
Makenna continues on her baby kick. The other night out of the blue she informed me that it was time for another baby. This is how our conversation went...
Makenna: "Mommy, Maryn's a big girl now too just like me. We need another baby in our house. I think we need to get another baby."
Me: "Oh, so when do you think we should have another baby?"
Makenna: "Tomorrow morning."
Me (in complete shock): "Oh really! Well where do you think we should get this baby from"
Makenna (in complete confidence): "The baby store."
The conversation continued as I reminded her about how mommy's tummy has to get big first and the baby has to grow inside just like MarBear did. She seemed to recall all of that but still had her heart set on going to the baby store.
Makenna feels the need to overemphasize words lately to get her point across. Some examples...
"Mommy, I so so so so so so want a treat after lunch."
"Daddy I love you tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons" (she will count the tons...) Then you have to tell her back that you love her tons and tons and tons etc.
And the funniest one yet... "Remember mommy, we did it yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yesterday!" I think she's a little confused on that one :)
Maryn is talking a lot as well. One thing she repeats constantly and we have no idea what it means is "Duba duba duba dub." She says this all the time and we have no idea what she is trying to get at. I will even ask her "MarBear, tell Mommy what Duba duba duba dub means?" And she will get this sly little smile on her face and shake her head no like it's her own little secret!
The other night when Maryn was having a hard time falling asleep at night, Josh was rubbing her back while she laid in her crib. She was laying there peacefully when all of a sudden she broke out into the Veggie Tales theme song :) She loves that song!
We have been reading the girls lots of books regarding Easter and after a few weeks of reading the books whenever I would get them out Maryn would point to the book and say "Jesus." I'm so happy that she's on the path to already trying to learn about our faith.
Maryn continues to be our climber. She has figured out how to climb up onto the toilet and then from there onto the counter and sink. One day she fell in the process but it still hasn't scared her off. Maryn also managed to climb all the way into one of the drawers in the kitchen. Everybody automatically assumes that she was just sitting in the drawer proud as can be, but our child had to take it a step further. I knew she was taking all of the lids out of the lid drawer and I was fine with her playing there, but next I heard a "help" cry from her and found her crouched, face down in the drawer with her head trying to get up into the back of the cabinets. She was completely stuck in the drawer and all I could see was her little back and bottom. I was able to get her out but she was mad after that and I think it's because I ruined her little adventure.
As for the health at our house, things are still rocky. Maryn has yet another ear infection (3rd one in 3 1/2 months) which provided us with another rough weekend. She seems to be on the mend but now tonight Makenna seemed out of it and was complaining of a sore throat! Agh! Seriously!
Typical day at the Budke house... how the girls were watching a cartoon one afternoon. When I intitially came out, Maryn was actually sitting directly on Makenna's head and Makenna wasn't making a peep about it. Unfortunately Maryn had moved by the time I got my camera.
One of Makenna and Daddy's tall towers. They try to see how tall they can build them without having them fall over and Makenna is always so impressed when they are taller than her. This one was actually taller than Daddy too. I think I have my girls trained now... Makenna actually asked me to take a picture of this one!
Check out this sweet sleepy baby just up from her nap. That's quite the bedhead :)
No comments:
Post a Comment