Friday, March 7, 2008

Tired Of Winter

I think it's unanimous... everyone in the state of Iowa is tired of winter, even the 3 year olds! Well at least our 3 year old is! One morning this week (when we woke up to yet even more snow) Makenna came walking down the stairs in the morning, saw the snow and immediately her shoulders dropped and she defeatedly said "It snowed AGAIN! I'm tired of winter Mommy. I'm ready for summer. Daddy is too." She couldn't have been more accurate. Daddy is more than tired of winter and shoveling :)

One afternoon last week the girls and I were playing hide and go seek. The girls were having a blast and really enjoying themselves. Maryn was my partner and she was being really good. She would be super quiet while we hid and then would screech with delight whenever Makenna found us. Well we played for quite awhile (probably 45 minutes) and I noticed towards the end that when I would go in the playroom and count that Maryn would put her hands up to her mouth, mimicking my hands covering my eyes, and she was counting to 10 with me! So so cute!

The other night Makenna was admiring one of our family pictures in our bedroom. She was commenting on how cute Maryn's smile was with her the two little teeth she had at the time showing in her smile. Then she was talking all about my smile and her smile and how you could see our teeth. She started to examine Josh's smile and realized that his smile was different than the rest of ours... he didn't smile with his teeth!!! She was just horrified. She quickly ran downstairs to inform Daddy that he smiles wrong and proceeded to give him a lesson on how to smile with his teeth! She still makes a comment about Daddy smiling wrong every time she walks by that picture :) The hilarious part is that Josh thought I put her up to it because I always give him a hard time about not smiling with his teeth (I think he should), but I didn't mention a word to Makenna. She came up with it all on her own!

We are having so much fun with all of Maryn's new words. A few mornings ago we were all crammed into our bathroom and Makenna sneezed and Maryn promptly replied with a "bless you." Later than same day we were at a friend's house playing and Maryn and Aubree were playing together and Aubree sneezed. Once again Maryn told her "Bless you." She is such a polite little toddler... even when she was sick if I would get her a cup of water in the middle of the night she would tell me "thank you." Melts a mommy's heart :)

No comments: