Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy 4th Bday Makenna!

Yesterday was Makenna's 4th birthday! The girls and I had fun at the splashpad in the morning, but the highlight of the day was definitely Chuck E Cheese for dinner! Makenna has been talking about it for weeks and the girls were chanting "Chuck E Cheese" the entire car ride to the restaurant! The funny thing is Maryn had no clue what was going on because she was only a baby the last time we were there. Makenna kept telling us "Maryn doesn't remember Chuck E Cheese so I'm going to have to show her around!" What a good big sister!

Maryn hanging out with me on the towels at the splashpad. For some odd reason she was more interested in the grapes that I brought for a snack than in actually playing in the water.


Makenna just had to have her goggles! We were there on Tuesday and another little girl had on goggles and she was crushed that we didn't have hers with us. She definitely remembered this time!


My sweet little water babies! Uhhh... I mean big girls!


Maryn moseying around the perimeter of the splashpad. The only other activity she was interested in other than the grapes.


Our trip to the splashpad was short-lived today but Makenna enjoyed it while we were there.


Makenna taking full advantage of the splashpad on a warm July day!


The typical Budke picture on the stairs! Happy 4th Birthday Makenna!


Maryn on the Bob the Builder ride at Chuck E Cheese. She really wasn't that into Churck E Cheese and this was the only ride she liked. She seriously wouldn't get out of it. I stood there for probably over 20 minutes feeding it tokens. $5.00 worth of tokens down the drain on a Bob the Builder ride :)
PS- Isn't this smile priceless??!!


Makenna immensely enjoying her trip to Chuck E Cheese. Makenna on the other hand probably played every game in the place and had a smile on her face the entire time!


Trying out the new horseback riding game!


Of course we couldn't have a birthday at our house without a little drama. Makenna asked for ice cream sundaes for her birthday treat, so I stuck a candle in her self-made sundae and we sang to her. She was so excited to dive into her ice cream that right after she blew out the candle she tried to pull it out by the wick. Needless to say there were lots of tears and she was holding on to this ice cube for a long time. She now has a blister on her finger and thumb.


Enjoying her ice cream sundae despite the injury.


I was tucking Makenna in bed last night and it was our typical bedtime routine. Right as I was leaving her room she said "Mommy, thanks for all my nice birthday presents!" What a sweetheart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW -in the picture on the stairs she looks so big!!! What a couple of cuties you have:)