Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Between hunting, cleaning out the baby's room/old toy room, organizing the basement, planting flower bulbs, having a sick kid and lots of other odd jobs this weekend, we somehow managed to carve our pumpkins. Maryn really wasn't all that interested in the carving part, she just wanted to decorate her pumpkin with markers! Makenna enjoyed scooping out the insides and both girls were enamored with the glowing jack o'lantern at the end.


Maryn loving the fact that mommy let her play with markers (and not just crayons!). She was covered in marker by the end!


Focusing very intently on that pumpkin!


Makenna coloring her pumpkin.


The girls having fun with their pumpkins from Papa and Nana!


Makenna scooping out the pumpkin. The girls picked to carve the largest pumpkin. We had to set some limits since we have six pumpkins sitting on our front steps and it would've taken us all night long to carve all six!


I had to include this picture since Daddy sat like this by himself for a long time carving out the pumpkin :) What a good sport!


The girls checking out their new glowing jack o'lantern. The lights are actually off in this picture so I couldn't tell what I was taking a picture of. I love Maryn's cheesy smile!


Finished product. Good job Daddy :)

No comments: