Monday, October 20, 2008

Me, Makenna and Pumpkins

I had the privilege of being one of the parent helpers on Makenna's preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch on Friday. Makenna and I both have been looking forward to this for a long time! I couldn't wait to see her in her element and she was excited that mommy got to go to preschool with her :) Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate all that well, but the kids still enjoyed it. They all got to pick their own pumpkin from the vine, pull some corn out of the field, and look at all the farm animals. Minus all the mud, I think fun was had by all! Then I even got to stick around the classroom when we got back and watch the rest of their school day. It was so fun sharing in her preschool experience and seeing her just absolutely shine in the classroom setting. I was a proud mommy as always!

I have to thank Josh for making this possible. He offered to stay home from work for an entire morning with Maryn so I could participate in this outing. I am so blessed to have a husband that agrees in the importance of parent participation in school events and is willing to sacrifice 6 hours out of his work day during his absolutely crazy season at work to make this possible. And as always, I think Maryn and Daddy thoroughly enjoy their one-on-one time together! Thanks Daddy :)

Recently Makenna and I got the itch to make a fun Halloween baked goodie. I have a Halloween cookbook so Makenna started digging through all the pictures until she found exactly what she wanted to make - a big ol' pumpkin cake! I agreed and we spent a good 4 hours this past weekend concocting this cake! Much to my dismay, the pumpkin turned out pink (at least according to Josh and Makenna). Orange frosting is not easy to make :) I guess I'm not Betty Crocker, but we still had fun making it and sharing it with our friends at small group last night.


Me, Makenna and our pumpkin cake (Yes, I know it doesn't look like we spent 4 hours on it, but trust me, we did!)

No comments: