Monday, October 13, 2008

Play Doh Creations

I must confess... I am a mom that despises Play Doh. It doesn't matter what you do, the stuff ends up all over your house and it's near impossible to clean up completely. With that said, Play Doh is never an activity that I suggest. A few days ago Makenna asked if I could get the Play Doh out and I agreed. She sat there quite content for a long time and boy was I amazed when I came over to find her little Play Doh creations...


Her creation as she explained it to me... the ground below, Adam and Eve are the blue and purple sticks with heads to the right, the tree with the snake and fruit in it and then God is the blue blob up above. She explained her picture all with narration of the Bible story of Adam and Eve. She remembered all the details of the story, including that the snake told them to eat the fruit even though God said they shouldn't. I was quite impressed that she remembered the details given the fact that we haven't read this particular Bible story lately at home or in Sunday school.


Very proud of her depiction of Adam and Eve.


And since Play Doh was such a big success, of course she asked for it two consecutive days in a row. Play Doh creation #2 consisted of two people holding babies, a tree with fruit, the white dots up above are clouds and the little purple dot above is God. I'm very intrigued by how she portrayed God in her art.

No comments: