Friday, April 3, 2009

Thankful

We have been overwhelmed and humbled by all the acts of kindness from our friends and family since Maya's birth. So many offers to baby-sit the older girls, drive Makenna to preschool, pick Makenna up from preschool, take her to Wednesday night church, come over so I can take a nap, take time away from work and family to come help us out, and of course the endless amount of food we have had prepared for us. Unbelievably we've recieved 14 meals from friends and I was surprised when yet another friend told me today that she was bringing us dinner on Monday. And then you throw in all the wonderful meals our families have prepared for us and it's almost overwhelming to think about. Add in the leftovers and I seriously don't think I had to cook a dinner for the first 4 weeks of Maya's life. It was an absolute blessing. There were so many nights when making dinner wasn't even a possiblity given the chaos of our house, but on nights when I might have had a free moment it was great to spend that time with the two older girls instead.

You'd think since this is our third child that we would be used to this by now, but I can honestly say we've never experienced generosity like this in our lives. We have formed such amazing relationships in the short time that we have lived in Marion. It is obvious that this is where God wants us to be and we are so thankful. Josh has been telling me over and over how blessed I am to have so many amazing friends and he is right. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! You have no idea how much all of your meals and kind offers meant to us. We feel completely blessed and just hope that we can be a blessing to you in return.

No comments: