Maya's feet sweat quite a bit and she gets a lot of "toe jam". One day I was cleaning between her toes when Makenna asked what I was doing. I told her "Oh I'm just cleaning Maya's toe jam out." She proceeded to ask me what toe jam was. She was very intrigued as I notice her start to inspect her own feet. Shortly there after she responds with "I don't have toe jam Mommy. Mine's just plain old dirt."
We made BBQ chicken on the grill for dinner one night last week. Josh cut the girls chicken into little pieces for them and set it in front of them. Maryn started to dig in but almost immediately started squealing and throwing a fit about something. She was yelling "Poopy" and pointing at her plate. Low and behold, she thought the charcoaled edges of her chicken were poopy on her food. Don't blame the kid for screaming. I would've too if I thought that's what someone was feeding me!
Back in May Josh took Maryn to see Sesame Street Live for Daddy date night. She absolutely LOVED it. It was so cute to hear her talk about Big Elmo, Big Zoe, Big Ernie, Big Oscar, Big Big Bird, etc. That night after the show she came running in the house and was talking a million miles a minute about everything she had seen! So sweet!
A few mornings ago, Makenna and Maryn were running around the house with their doll strollers playing some imaginary game. I heard them talking about Christmas and I said "You silly gooses! It's not Christmas!" And Makenna said "We're just pretending it's Christmas. That's why we're taking our food to our neighbors that don't have enough to eat." Thank you God that some of the important stuff we are teaching them is sinking in.
Occasionally Maryn decides to pick her nose. It's not an all the time thing, it just seems to happen when she's relaxing. Today she was laying on the couch and I noticed her putting her fingers in her mouth after they had been in her nose. Yuck. I told her not to eat her boogers and how gross that was. She acted like she wasn't paying attention to me, but two minutes later she turned to me and says "Nummy boogers!" Seriously, why do kids find it necessary to do this kind of stuff?!
Here are some pictures of Maryn trying to clean off Josh's race number after his triathlon. She was very concerned about him having a number on his arm and leg and she worked very hard at trying to get it off.
Makenna and Maya sister time!
Almost 5...
No comments:
Post a Comment