Maryn is potty trained!!! Whoo-Hoo! It seemed like a really long road to get to this point, but I'm so glad to be here! She hasn't had an accident in over a week and the last accident she had was when she fell asleep in the car one day :( She was so upset when she woke up. She continues to wear a diaper at night but has been wearing underwear during the day and during her nap for probably more than a month. As with most things, Maryn is a creature of habit. She always wants to use the "downstairs" potty (which is actually upstairs) when she has to poop. She has piles of books in there and she will just sit and read for a half hour or more until she is done! But she also uses this to her advantage and will act like she has to poop so she can sit on the toilet instead of doing things she doesn't want to do (ie. nap!). When she does have to go poop she always says "I want privacies!" and holds her hand up. She really doesn't want anyone in there because if you check on her before she is done she will repeat "Privacies!!" until you leave.
Part of this long process seems to have involved having a naked toddler running around our house more than we would prefer. One day Josh even said "I don't remember Makenna having her clothes off this much when she was potty training." That's because she didn't! One day Maryn got away from me after she was on the potty and ran out side completely naked. I started yelling for her as I knew the construction guys were outside. She runs back inside and proudly announced "I see you!" And I wanted to say "No we all SEE you!" Silly girl!
During this whole process Makenna has been such a trooper. So many times Maryn's timing would be spot on for when I would be feeding Maya. Makenna can now take her to the potty, wipe for her, wash her hands and get her pants back on her!! What am I going to do when she goes to kindergarten in the fall??!! She's such a good helper! Luckily though Maryn is trying to imitate that independent style and is starting to try and go on her own as well!! Way to go Maryn!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment