Today was Makenna's first day of 1st grade! She is beyond thrilled to have Mrs. Seery for a teacher! And Josh and I are thrilled as well... she didn't get assigned the class that is getting split mid-day due to budget cuts and we've heard so many wonderful things about Mrs. Seery. What a relief! Makenna was excited to go and popped out of bed when I woke her up this morning! I am so thankful that she loves school. I can't imagine how hard it would be if it was a struggle and she didn't want to go. As it is now, I still have to hold back tears until she leaves the van :( I asked Josh what is going to happen to me when she goes to college... she's a mile down the road at the elementary school now and I can barely stand it. I know it's part of growing up and it's very good for her, but man it's hard on her mommy ;) At the end of the day she reported back that she had a wonderful day! She was able to see lots of her old friends and learn all the new routines. Her only complaint was that she got very hungry by lunch time (she eats a later lunch this year). And she continues to be my child with thoughtfulness beyond her years... she searched out the new girl from our neighborhood to play with her at recess because "she wouldn't have any friends at our school yet" and then saved a seat for her on the bus ride home. I'm so proud that she is my daughter.
Maryn, Maya and I fell immediately back into our routine from last year. I was amazed at how fast it happened. Maryn's personality changes when she's the "big" kid of the house. As soon as Maya was down for a nap she remembered that was our time to do puzzles together! I think she put together at least six or eight large sized puzzles today!
My 1st grader!

No comments:
Post a Comment