Maryn will be 9 months next Tuesday - I absolutely LOVE this age! 9 - 12 months is one of my all time favorite stages with babies. They change so quickly and start doing so many new things in a short period of time. It seems like there is something new every day! And Maryn is falling right in line... just in the past few days she has figured out how to get to a sitting up position from lying on the floor. She's actually pretty clever about it. She'll be laying on her belly, then get up on all fours, slide off to one side on her hip, prop herself up with her arm and then just sit up! It's so cute! Everyday she gets more and more mobile. If I put her on the wood floors on her belly she will scoot (backwards) all the way across the floors! She is just constantly moving! She is also attempting to pull herself to a standing position on her own. She still requires some help, but she is practicing hard and has pulled it off on her own a few times!
Makenna is very into Josh's work right now. She recognizes the TrueNorth logo and will always point it out (on hats, t-shirts, pens, MarBear's bib, etc). She always asks Josh what he has to do at work and asks if he has meetings :) She loves his account manager Dana and always talks about her. The other day I had Makenna call Josh's voicemail at work and she left a message that said "Hi Daddy, can I please have some health (sounds like healf) insurance?"
A while back, I had to run to the UPS store to drop something off. I opened up Makenna's door to get her unbuckled and she points to the Taco Bell across the street and yells "Look Mommy! Chicken Bell!" I have no idea where this came from! I think she has maybe eaten there once in her life and I would be surprised if we told her the name of it (but apparently we must have), but she must think Chicken Bell sounds better :)
One day as I was trying to get the girls all rounded up to leave, Makenna was giving me a hard time and wasn't cooperating very well. I was getting frustrated with her because she wasn't listening and I was at my wit's end with her. All the while, little MarBear just sat there peacefully in her car seat watching us and not making a peep the entire time I was trying to chase down Makenna. I finally got Makenna ready to go and as she walked past Maryn's car seat towards the door she says "Thanks for being so patient MarBear!" I couldn't have said it better myself!
A few nights ago I was snuggling with Makenna on the couch and loving every minute of it (she is my non-snugly kid typically). She all of a sudden looked up at me and said "Mommy you're so cool!" My heart just melted. And then I asked her "Will you still think that when you're 16?" She told me yes but we'll have to see!
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people tell me I have black hair (I do NOT have black hair - it is dark brown!!!). I don't ever recall talking about this in front of Makenna and I know I didn't have a conversation with her about it, but the other day we're driving to the store and from the backseat she randomly says "Mommy you have black hair!" I swore Josh had put her up to it, but he claims he had nothing to do with it.
Makenna just woke up a few minutes ago as I was finishing posting this blog entry. She asked me what I was doing on the computer and I told her that I was writing about my three favorite people - her, Maryn and Daddy. She looked at me kind of concerned and said "But you forgot someone." I asked her "who?" to which she replied "Duckie!" Of course, my bad! How could I forget duckie!
Maryn's newest face anytime she sees a camera! She doesn't like the flash I guess!
Pretty baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment