Sunday, November 4, 2007

Date Weekend

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Or at least it does in the case of my two sweet little girls. Josh and I were blessed with the opportunity to have a date weekend while my parents took care of Makenna and Maryn. On a normal day I am with the girls nonstop. The only time I typically leave the house without them is after they go to bed. To not have them around was weird and I constantly felt like something was missing. Today when we got back to my parents house, I couldn't help myself from running (seriously) into the house and grabbing those girls :) It was such a great feeling to have them back in my arms again today and to tuck them in bed tonight.

With all that said, it was wonderful to get back to being just a couple again. It was nice to remember and celebrate the relationship that got this sweet little family started. Josh and I had a great time together. We went to the gym together, got some stuff at Home Depot, ran some errands, and of course worked on some house projects (do we ever have a weekend go by without a house project?). Josh drywalled part of the garage and I did some painting in Makenna's room (which by the way she doesn't like... she asked God tonight in her prayers if the loops mommy painted could go away). Then we got ready for a fun night out on the town and found out that the restaurant we have so desperately been wanting to go to (Lincoln Cafe) had a 2 1/2 hour wait! Just about every other restaurant in town that we checked was booked as well. We were about on our way to fast food until Josh finally remembered this little off the beaten path Italian restaurant. We ended up having a marvelous time. The food was unbelievable and the atmosphere was romantic. If anyone is ever looking for a great place to have a date night, try Vino's in Cedar Rapids. I would highly recommend the Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms and Chicken Napoli :)

Thank you to my mom and dad for making this weekend possible. We appreciate it more than words can say.

No comments: