Friday, November 9, 2007

Here Comes Winter

I have had a heck of a time finding a winter coat for Maryn this year. We lucked out with Makenna and somehow her size 3T coat from last winter still fits her (despite the fact that she typically wears a size 5 top now - go figure). So I have been on a mission to find a coat for Maryn. We found a cute one a little over a week ago but she HATES it. Just imagine the little boy in the movie A Christmas Story who can't move his arms after his mom gets him all bundled up. That was Maryn in this coat. She was so mad because she couldn't move her arms! I had another coat at home that was a little on the smaller side but tried that anyway... same effect and she basically just ended up eating the collar on her coat every time I put her in her carseat because the coat was too stiff. I was feeling like a horrible mom every time we'd drop Makenna off at preschool - here are all the other kids dressed like there's a blizzard outside and my 14 month old is wearing her spring jacket. I've tried every store - they're either out of her size, have only the big puffy coats that she hates, or only have the baby bundle things for her size (I guess most 14 month olds aren't still wearing size 12 months???) Last night I gave it one last shot in the dark and tried one more store and I finally found one! Yeah! Not too bulky but still warm enough. I tried it on her this morning and we wore it to playgroup so I think it's a go!

Maryn trying on her new coat


Maryn's new coat, Makenna's new "Ballet Star" warm-up outfit



Okay so maybe she just hates coats in general???



Even though Makenna didn't get a new coat, she did get some new mittens. Of course she had to show those off :) This isn't a very smiley picture of Makenna, but I had to post it because it struck me that she resembles my sister as a child in this picture (only with blond hair). Any other Boutotts see it?

No comments: