Makenna continues learning at an amazing pace. Within the last few weeks we have noticed her sounding out letters and words. For example, the other night she was brushing her teeth and she said "That's my tongue mommy. T-t-t-t-tongue. That's a "T"!" I could hardly believe it. So we've continued to quiz her and she seems to know how to sound out a good portion of her alphabet. She's very curious about words and when she says things every once in awhile she will say "That starts with ___" I am amazed by her ability to pick this stuff up. She is recognizing more and more words and is able to spell more words.
A cute story... (Just so you know for later in this story, Mousy Mousy is a fun game we play with the girls that my mom taught us.) Makenna was in a rotten mood one morning and nothing seemed to be going her way. She wanted to do something (for the life of me I can't remember what right now) that particular morning and we were running behind and wouldn't have time that day. She was so upset and this just added to her bad mood. I was in my bathroom getting ready and she was pacing outside the door moping and whining. Finally she jumps in our bed, lays down and yells to me "Mommy, you come do Mousy Mousy to me to cheer me up!" And it worked! I guess I'll have to try Mousy Mousy more often! And of course Maryn had to get in bed and join in the Mousy Mousy fun as well :)
The girls are enjoying all the fun of this season. Makenna really likes to wrap presents and bake cookies. We've already made 6 dozen cookies and are planning for 3 dozen more in the next day or so and a few pans of bars! Lots of baking! Luckily I have plans to give most of the food away :) She is enjoying being mommy's helper and also our taste-tester!
Makenna and some of her Christmas cookies...
The proud baker! Doesn't she look so old in this picture?!
Maryn has a newfound interest in the telephone. I believe the main reason this even started is because every time I held the phone up to her ear it was Daddy on the phone. Well as we all know, she has a special bond with Daddy and thus thought that every time she picked up a phone she would hear his voice. Now she wants to get her hands on every telephone she can! I can't talk on the phone without her trying to grab it away from me! She will hold the phone up to her face and jabber into it. And she is even able to have a conversation appropriately on the phone with someone now... meaning that she will say "hi", wait for them to ask a question and then answer with a "yea" or "no". She's pretty adorable :)
No comments:
Post a Comment