Some horrible form of a cold is going around our house right now and Maryn is the latest victim. The poor little girl's nose has turned into a faucet and she has coughing fits from all the crud stuck in her lungs. Luckily we already had an appointment scheduled this morning for her 15 month appointment so we were able to get right in. The poor baby's cold has turned into an ear infection. It is the first ear infection ever for our family so we're in unchartered waters. So far she's sleeping great... slept through the night last night and didn't get up until 7:40 this morning. And right now she is in the middle of a 2+ hour nap. Hopefully that will help her feel better. She's all loaded up on meds right now so I'm sure that wiped her out. I'm not sure what to expect or how she's going to act... she's not even really pulling at her ears and that's the main thing I was looking for. Luckily I think we caught it in the early stages before it got too bad.
As for other info from her appointment, I was right about her weight. She is still really little. I was hoping for above 20 lbs and I barely got it. When they set her on the scale it teetered around the 19 lbs around until finally settling in at 20 lbs 0 oz. I'll take it. At least we hit 20 lbs finally. Oh and she grew almost an inch (30 3/4 inches long) in the past 3 months. The doctor and I had a long talk about her size and the doctor isn't the least bit concerned. She said that Maryn continues to grow (even if it is only 1 lb/1 inch in 3 months) and is consistently in the same low percentage bracket (10-15 percentile). She said she would only be concerned if Maryn dropped off suddenly or didn't gain at all, neither of which has happened. Basically she just thinks that Maryn is going to be a littler person. This is such a switch for us as Makenna always gained at least 3 lbs at every appointment and was off the charts for percentages! I guess we are lucky to have one child at each end of the spectrum :)
Other things we discussed at her appointment - Maryn had a bad reaction to her first flu shot (red rash all over her body) so they didn't allow her to get the second dosage. Typically this means that a child is allergic to eggs if they react this way, but Maryn has never reacted to any other food (and I cook with eggs). So we decided we would just play it by ear next year and decide then if we would try another flu shot or not. Also, I had Dr. Sterling check out the concerning area in Maryn's mouth that was left behind after her Epstein Pearls faded away. It looks almost as if a tooth is going to break through way up high on her gum. The doctor assured me this is not the case - that it's not a tooth or bone up there. She believes it's just scar tissue left behind from her Epstein Pearls.
So with all that said, we have a lot to be thankful for. Despite a little virus and a few minor issues, Maryn is a perfectly healthy little girl! Thank God!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment