Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Day Of Ouchies

Maryn had a really rough day yesterday. She just seemed to keep getting hurt. We were at Bible study in the morning and she roamed into the next room and ended up hurt somehow (even though there was nothing in the room). The only thing I could see was an outlet and I pray she didn't get shocked. Then she touched a warm space heater at Bible study as well... luckily I don't think it burned her but it sure did scare her for awhile. Then yesterday afternoon she was grabbing for some crackers in the pantry and she toppled over the graham cracker box. She immediately started screaming but I was standing right there and didn't think it had hit her so I couldn't figure it out. I immediately started looking at her foot because I thought that was the only place it might have hit her. Well after examining her foot for awhile I looked up at her face and she had this big bloody scratch down her cheek. Apparently the edge of the box grazed her on its way down. It looks much worse than it actually is, but she sure screamed at the time. Poor thing. She's been doing so well at not getting many ouchies lately (especially considering how active and daring she can be) so hopefully we filled her quota for awhile yesterday.

Some pics of the most recent ouchie...


No comments: