Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Miscellaneous

Just some miscellaneous things to catch up on...

Thanks to everyone for being so concerned about Josh after his accident. He is still feeling fine (no aches or pains) and things are going as well as can be expected with the insurance companies and getting the truck fixed. It seemed like things went back and forth for awhile regarding if they would total out the truck or not, but they decided against it in the end. They claim it is all fixable and they agreed to do so with Ford factory parts and not generics (I guess they typically won't do this but agreed to since the truck is only 6 months old). Apparently we lucked out and the people at the auto body shop say that the lady that hit Josh has a very good insurance company (Grinnell Mutual) to work with. That's a relief. They agreed that if they get to working on the car and find more damage that they would reassess if it needs to be totaled out at that point and would obviously pay for any more damage that wasn't caught the first time around. Other than that, the guy that will be working on the truck claims that he can make it look just like new. Oh and it won't have a salvage title on it, which was important for us regarding resale. I didn't understand why, but they assured us it won't. Now I'm just praying that it will drive normal and not have some annoying ticking noise or something like that.

Maryn is getting so big and has taken off in regards to her speech and communication. There are few words that other people can understand, but Josh and I (and Makenna for that matter) understand quite a bit of what she is trying to communicate. One of the things I remember very clearly about this age with Makenna was being overly frustrated by not being able to understand what she was trying to communicate. This time around I'm not sure if Maryn is a better communicator or if I'm better at reading young kids (or a combination), but I feel like I understand at least 85% of what she is trying to say to me. I think that is amazing considering that she is not even 16 months old yet. She seems to listen intently to everything we are saying and answers with a yes or a no or makes a motion of some sort. Lately she has been working on animal sounds or repeating sounds from a book, with the cutest definitely being when she says "ooh ooh ahh ahh" like a monkey :) Maryn continues to be our happy baby. Most of the time you can find her toddling around our house with a big goofy grin on her face :)

Makenna started back to preschool today and I think we are all glad to be back in a routine after the holidays. She also starts back up with ballet classes again today. I'm not quite sure how that is going to turn out though because she keeps telling me that she wants to do gymnastics instead of ballet. How do you explain to a 3 year old that I already signed her up and paid for her class and we can't change our mind now? She doesn't quite get it. Oh well. Hopefully she'll get there and remember how fun ballet was and enjoy that for the time being.

In other exciting news in our family, my sister is extremely pregnant and ready to have her baby any day! According to the due date they were going by she is 38 weeks, but going by the info she got at her OB appointment yesterday I'm going to guess that some of her other ultrasound due dates are a little more accurate (they would put her closer to 39 weeks right now). We can't wait to meet our newest cousin and niece!! Here's a picture of my sister's big belly :)

As Makenna put it when she saw this picture "That's Nene with her baby in her tummy! Oh I love Nene and her baby tummy!"

No comments: