Thursday, February 7, 2008

Green Bean

This morning I took Maryn upstairs to get her dressed and brought her down in an all green outfit (you can see it somewhat in the picture below). Makenna looked at us, started laughing and said "She looks like a green bean!"

Maryn is just getting so big so fast. It seems to be happening overnight (even though I realize it's not). Last week Josh kissed her good-bye in the morning and told her "Bye MarBear. I love you." And she clearly responded with "Love you." :) She definitely melted her Daddy's heart that morning. Those are the words you just love to hear as a parent.

And another move in the big girl direction... Maryn moved out of her highchair this week! I don't think either Josh or I were really ready for this but it was more than apparent that Maryn wanted nothing to do with her highchair and wanted nothing more than to eat at the table with the rest of us. So we hooked up the booster seat and now our little peanut eats with us. She is much happier this way and already seems to be eating more. Go figure. Makenna switched over right at about this age as well so I guess it's time. Maryn really seems to like it and will even stand by her chair until I sit her in it just for fun!

Loving sitting at the table and she has the cheesy grin to prove it!


The first night we put her in her new big girl chair Josh and I were going on and on about how she's such a big girl now and I sadly made some comment about how she's not my little baby anymore. Makenna very quickly responded with "That's okay Mommy. We can just have another baby this summer!" She said it so matter of factly and cheerfully! Like it's that simple :) I think it took Josh a few minutes to get over choking on his food ;) In all honestly I think she just wants another sister so she can name her Ariel!

Somewhere along the line Makenna has taken to telling jokes :) We're not quite sure where she picked this up from but it is quite amusing (at least for her!). Her jokes make no sense whatsoever, but she laughs hysterically every time she tells one. Of course Josh and I just play along which makes it all the better! Oh 3 year olds have such a great sense of humor!

No comments: