Then yesterday morning Makenna was not acting like herself at all and mid-afternoon I found her falling asleep in the living room (very odd since she hasn't napped for over a year now). I asked her if she wanted to take a nap in her room and she happily obliged... again making me realize something was wrong. She woke up about 7:00 last night and seemed back to her normal, happy, charming self. She got tired very fast though and we had her back in bed by 8:45. I had a bad feeling when we put her in bed though because she started to seem out of it again. I was right.... at about 9:30 she woke up vomiting. Poor thing. Luckily that has been the only time she has vomited so far, but she was very uncomfortable all night with stomach cramps, headache and a fever. Tylenol seems to do the trick, but she very quickly takes a turn for the worse when it starts to wear off. Now today both Josh and I aren't feeling the best but we're not sure if it's just due to lack of sleep or if there is something else really going on. We're saying some prayers that this is short-lived and that no one else gets sick.
Now that Makenna is a little better today (at least while she has Tylenol in her), she has done some pretty cute things. She went to the bathroom and came out with two towels. She let me know that the yellow towel was hers and the blue towel was for everyone else because she didn't want to get anyone else sick. I told her that was very sweet and thoughtful of her. I think she's paid attention in the past :) Right now she's actually laying down in bed for awhile so we'll see if a nap will help her get over this or not. Last time I took her temp she still had a fever but she seems in better spirits and finally ate a cracker.
Between all the illness and snow around here, you wouldn't think that we would have time to have cute stories but the girls have provided ample material lately :)
Valentine's Day was a very fun, yet overwhelming holiday for our family. Way too many goodies and treats. Makenna was in awe of her box full of candy from all her friends at preschool and playgroup. Then the girls got valentine's from me and Josh. I was trying to explain to Makenna that day the purpose of Valentine's Day - to show the people that you love just how much you love them. Early in the day she nodded and seemed to understand and even pulled out a "That's nice Mommy." Well after all the goodies and candy we were having the same conversation again and she looks at me and very confidently says "Nuh-uh Mommy. It's all about candy." UGH! So we sat down and had a nice little chat about how the candy was a nice way to show others that you love them but she wasn't buying it. Of course right as we're having this conversation the doorbell rings and it's our neighbor with two bags full of candy for the girls, a tupperware full of frosted valentine sugar cookies, M&M cookies and another container of homemade fudge. To say the least, she wasn't buying my explanation of Valentine's Day.
Maryn was talking up a blue streak this weekend. She was repeating words left and right and interacting with words more so than she ever has before. One word she learned this weekend was Josh, or "Osh" in Maryn talk. It's so sweet :) Josh isn't so sure though.... I think he's having visions of the 7 - 8 months when Makenna called him Josh and only Josh.
Makenna was mad about something one day last week and I just ignored her and let her throw her fit. Typically if I don't pay any attention it will go away all by itself and I won't reinforce her behavior by reacting to her. Well for some reason this one wasn't going away on this particular day so I pulled her up on my lap and we were talking about it. After we had been talking for a little while Maryn sauntered over and very obviously wanted up on my lap as well. Makenna got very fidgety and tense and said "No Maryn! This is my problem, not yours!"
Makenna was very curious about the concept of going on dates after Josh and I went on our date last weekend. She kept asking if she could go and then when we got home she asked if we had fun on our date. I explained to her what a date was and then told her that she would get to go on dates when she was married too ;) She thought this sounded cool and then responded with "I'll go on a date with Daddy!" Then last night while she was feeling a little better (after her nap) she was laying on the couch watching Cinderella. It was the part where Cinderella and the Prince get married and Makenna was talking all about it so I said to her "Someday you're going to get married too, aren't you Kenna?" And she responded with "Yeah, I'm gonna marry Daddy." You could almost physically see Josh's heart melt by just looking at his face :)
Maryn is picking up on so much. This weekend when we were telling Makenna not to do something so Maryn walked over to her, got right in her face, shook her little finger at her repeatedly and kept saying "No No Nenna" Josh and I couldn't help but laugh. She wants to be just like all the "big" people in her life and tries to do everything we do. The pictures below are proof :)
No comments:
Post a Comment