Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hail Storm - Sept 2010

Marion got pelted with a hail storm a few weeks ago. I have never heard or seen anything like it. It was so loud inside the house. I thought for sure the windows were going to break so I got Maya up from her nap and hurried the kids into the basement. The hail went from pebble size all the way up to golf ball size. The damage within a 1 mile radius of our house is quite impressive. The insurance adjustor determined that we need a new roof, partial new siding (mostly west side of the house), re-finish deck and swingset, a new grill and new gutters and downspouts. We were one of the lucky ones that didn't have our vehicles outside... all the teachers at Makenna's school have extensive damage to their cars and I've heard that it's running them $5000 plus to get it fixed. When we came up after the hail stopped, Maryn looked out the back door and exclaimed "Mom, it snowed!" Ugh... bad sign.

Here are some pictures shortly after the storm... it was warm on this particular day so it probably melted some by the time I got around to taking pictures.





No comments: