Monday, October 11, 2010
Halloween Treats
I'm not sure where I got it, but I have a cook book devoted solely to Halloween food. The girls love flipping through it and looking at all the pictures and repeatedly yelling "I want that one! I want that one!" When Makenna was four she got to make one of the big pumpkin cakes and decorate it. Now that Maryn is four, I decided it was her turn to pick one of these monstrous projects out of the cookbook and we would have fun doing it together. She decided on her choice of treats - Halloween cut-out brownies decorated with frosting and M&M's! She had it all planned out for weeks and we slowly but surely gathered all of the necessary supplies. Finally we had the perfect afternoon to bake. We worked hard at making the brownies... she loves to help in the kitchen :) I know it might not look like much, but a lot of time and effort went into this! This was suppose to be Maryn's special project, but once Makenna was home from school she nicely asked Makenna (without prompting from Mom) if she would like to cut out the brownies and help decorate. They turned out really cute if I do say so myself! They made pumpkins, bats, ghosts and witches' hats. The girls did a terrific job!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment