Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bowling

Last Saturday afternoon we decided to try something new... we took the girls bowling! We have never taken the girls bowling before but decided now that the bowling alleys are smoke-free it would be a good time to try it out! As we were discussing this, I think we figured out that in our 15 years together Josh and I have never been bowling together. Crazy! We had an absolute blast! Maya and Maryn enjoyed using the ramp that they provide for little kids. Maryn was getting creative by the end of the game, using her feet and elbows to propel the ball down the lane. And I can't believe that I'm actually going to admit this on my blog, but I tied for second.... with Maya!!! Bumpers and all I couldn't outscore my almost 2 year old! Pathetic! Oh well. It was a blast so that's all that matters!


Makenna, Maryn and Maya on their first trip to the bowling alley! (Maryn really was thrilled to be there... even though she's not showing it!)


Everybody checking out the ramp for the first time


Maya watching her ball after she pushed it down the ramp. She was always very particular about shoving her fingers under the ball to get it going.


Makenna getting ready to go... she did it with the old-fashioned "throw-it-between- your-legs" maneuver.


Daddy and Maryn waiting their turn


Maya looking less than happy about the outcome of her turn ;)


Watching her ball roll away...


Some bowling alley dance moves. We turn everything into a dance party :)


Mommy and Maya having fun... although someone was a little camera shy


Maryn celebrating a good roll!


Maryn trying out some of her fancy moves on the ramp


Mommy and her girls (although not a one of them looks like they could be mine in this picture)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Kind of looked like strip-bowling in a couple of those pictures!