
Nicknames: Kenna, Nenny, Nenna, Nenner, Nenner Benner, Nen, Buddy, Peanut
Weight & Height: She weighs right around 57-58 lbs and continues to be off the charts for height.
Hair: Medium length blond hair.
Favorite foods: Hamburgers, Meatloaf
Favorite Drink: Water (I asked her, this is what she told me)
Favorite toys: Littlest Pet Shops, Magic Fabric, Serafina our hamster
Favorite stuffed animal: Duckie
Favorite Books: Reading continues to be a strong point for Makenna. She loves to read and it comes very easily to her. At her last conference in October she was reading at a 3rd grade level and I know she has been bumped up since then. She continues to love Boxcar Children books, but we've added Magic Tree House books to the favorites list as well!
Bedtime: Just recently we've started going to bed a little earlier because the girls weren't waking up well in the morning. We start getting ready for bed around 7:00 and we try to have lights out by 8:00
Wake-up time: I wake her up around 7:45 - 7:50 for school. She gets ready speedy quick... she is dressed, teeth brushed, hair done, breakfast eaten, bag packed, coat on and out the door by 8:30.

Grade & Teacher: 1st Grade, Mrs. Seery
Best Friends: She has more friends than I can count - she's more social than Josh and I combined. Some of her best friends include Ana, Grace, Whitney, Ava M, Caroline and Hanna L.
Latest Accomplishment: She has only missed one word all year on her spelling tests! And this includes the challenge words which she does every week. And if I do say so myself, the one word she missed was a difficult word (Tuesday). This same test included the days of the week and months of the year... I think I focused too much on "Wednesday" and "February" in our practicing. Makenna was also bumped up to Advanced Math at the beginning of the school year.
Likes: playing with friends, seeing family, playing with her sisters, sleeping in, writing in one of her many journals, reading, one-on-one time with Mommy or Daddy
Dislikes: when her friends fight at recess, when her sisters fight, when her stomach is bugging her (from constipation), if she ever lets anyone down (which is rare)
Activities: Makenna participated in AYSO soccer this fall and will be on the same team again this spring. She took dance in the late fall and just recently switched to gymnastics (surprisingly, she was bored with dance). Makenna and Maryn start swimming lessons in March.
Fears: Going to bed and being sick - just lately she's been overly concerned about being sick and it always seems to hit right at bed time when she has time to think about it. It all started with her severe constipation a few weeks back when she wasn't feeling well most of the time. I think she's concerned that will happen again.
Favorite shows: Since the last time I posted this our family acquired cable TV. This added some new possibilities to her list. She's really too busy to watch much TV at all, but if she had to choose I think she'd pick Hannah Montana the movie or Shake It Up.
Health: She's getting over a bad cold right now and has been struggling with constipation over the past month. The constipation got really bad but I think we have it under control now.
Favorite Class in School: Music class. I know I'm biased, but this child has a very nice singing voice! She hopes to get a speaking part in the upcoming 1st grade musical. She really loves all school and is probably the only kid that is disappointed when there is a snow day.
No comments:
Post a Comment