Thursday, February 24, 2011

Maya's 2nd Birthday Party

Maya had her 2nd birthday party on Saturday 2/19. This year was so much fun because she understood the concept of a birthday party and what was all involved. She would talk about her Elmo balloons and Elmo birthday cake for weeks before the party. And let's not forget her singing "Happy Birthday" to herself to practice :) Maya had a lot of fun at her party and enjoyed having all of her family there.


For the first time EVER I actually made the birthday cake. I am not creative and the thought of doing this totally overwhelmed me, but I didn't really feel like I had a choice due to Maya's dairy allergy. I found a great dairy-free recipe, borrowed an Elmo cake pan from my sister-in-law and went to town. It probably took me a combined 6 hours to finish this cake. All I cared about is that she said "ELMO!!" when she looked at the cake. Mission accomplished :)


Maya trying out her cake


That's an interesting way to eat cake...


More cake


One of her favorite parts... being sung to! She was beaming from ear to ear!


Mommy with the birthday girl!!


The Elmo balloons we all heard so much about!


Maya and the Elmo cake


Maya opening presents


More presents...


Maya checking out her new Elmo phone

No comments: