Nicknames: Kenna, Nenny, Nenna, Nenner, Nenner Benner, Nen, Buddy
Weight & Height: I can't remember anything specific from her physical other than she's still really tall :) Once I find the papers in one of our many moving boxes I'll update this.
Hair: Medium length blond hair. Has to be long enough for a ponytail :)
Favorite foods: Sushi, Hamburgers, Meatloaf
Favorite Drink: Root Beer (although she's only been allowed to have it on a few occasions)
Favorite toys: iPod, anything with her imagination, Littlest Pet Shops, Perler beads
Favorite stuffed animal: Duckie
Favorite Books: She is currently digging through all of my old Baby-Sitter's Club books from when I was a kid. She also loves the American Girl series, Vet Volunteers, and Life According To Humphrey series. She also read Swiss Family Robinson this summer and loved it.
Makenna on her 8th birthday
Bedtime: This is a big question mark for me currently. It seems as she's getting older she doesn't need as much sleep, but I have a hard time giving up early bedtimes. This summer she's been in bed by 8:30/9:00 most nights (which is late to me) but doesn't fall asleep until closer to 10:00.
Wake-up time: Depending on the day she could easily sleep until 10:00 if I let her, but most often is up around 9:00 in the summer.
Best Friends: This has changed quite a bit over the last year. The friends that she used to say were her "best friends" were not so nice over the last year. Her current best buddies include Sophie, Chloe, Caroline and Celia. And even though I don't think she'd admit it, I think Maryn is honestly one of her best friends. They play together all the time.
Latest Accomplishment: She completed her 1st triathlon on July 28th!!!
Right after completing her 1st triathlon!
Likes: playing outside, listening to music, reading, writing in one of her many journals (she's always writing a book or story of some sort)
Dislikes: when her sisters get into her stuff
Activities: Swimming lessons, soccer in the fall and spring, soccer camp this summer, softball, training for the triathlon
Fears: She has become a worry wart since I got pregnant. She does not like having mommy sick and not feeling well. She is constantly asking if I am okay and when I will be back to my old self :)
Favorite shows: Jessie, Shake It Up. Her favorite movie is currently the American Girl movie "McKenna".
Health: I'm so thankful for healthy kids! Makenna has somehow avoided most viruses/illnesses over the past year. She was tested for allergies in January and that came back with a bunch of stuff that she is allergic to... molds, grasses, weeds (ragweed) to name a few. Also a sensitivity to pineapple. But ironically once we moved to our new house she didn't seem to need her allergy medicine everyday anymore. We'll see how that plays out in peak allergy seasons (fall/spring). She has also been struggling with back pain over the last year. Nothing major but we took her to 3 different doctors/specialists to get to the bottom of it. Long story short, she has VERY tight hamstrings (especially after doing all of her sports) and that in turn then bugs her back. We just have to remind her to stretch really well on a daily basis and that usually helps.
Playing outside with her sisters on 4th of July
I thank God for Makenna. I honestly don't think I could've made it through this pregnancy without her help. She is always there for me and has responsibilities that most 8 year olds don't have to deal with. She takes care of her sisters, makes lunch/breakfast somedays, helps Maya in the bathroom, gets her sisters dressed, chores around the house, pretty much anything I ask of her. Especially these last few weeks when I can't do stairs very well. And she does it all without complaining. She has a huge heart and is always willing to serve others. I love her so much and wish I was more like her. I love you Makenna. I don't know if you will every truly understand how much I appreciate you.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment