Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Makenna's 8th Birthday



Opening up presents from Mom & Dad

Makenna with her birthday "cake". I think this child knows what to do and say to make my life easier. She has ALWAYS asked for some big elaborate birthday cake in the past and I have happily obliged. This year all she wanted was a variety cheesecake from Target. :)

Makenna and her sisters eating birthday cheesecake after going to the pool with daddy. I was put on bedrest on the day of Makenna's birthday so most of our fun plans fell through. She was such a good sport about it and I'm so glad she was still able to go to the pool with Josh and her sisters.

Instead of big birthday party with 10 kids to worry about, Makenna had a small sleepover at our house. Josh ran the show for the most part but it went really well! Once again, Makenna made it easy on mom :) She asked for Little Caesars pizza, ice cream sundaes, make bookmarks and to watch her new "McKenna" movie. The girls were all really good. Thumbs up for a good first sleepover experience! (And yes that is me laying on the couch in the background still trying to be a part of the party!)

The girls watching Makenna open gifts. Two of the friends we invited were out of town that weekend, but it so happened that just having two friends over was the perfect amount for the first time.

Group hug for the birthday girl!

No comments: