Monday, August 13, 2012

37 Weeks Pregnant

Today I am 37 weeks 2 days pregnant. I honestly never thought I would get this far. We are so blessed that our peanuts are doing well in utero and have decided to stay put for the time being. I'm in pain, lots of pain. Somedays are better than others depending on where the babies are sitting in my belly. I pretty much can't stand without having to use the bathroom. I no longer think my feet have any bones in them... at least I can't feel any through all the swelling. If I'm on my feet too long it feels as if they might just crack open. My blood pressure is slowing rising and I'm now considered to have gestational hypertension. This includes headaches and dizziness with it. Backaches and lower pelvic pain are excruciating. Just to name a few of my issues. This is without a doubt the hardest physical thing I've ever had to do. So glad it comes with the best reward in the world :)

Looking on the positive side of things, exactly one week from right now I will be able to hold my new son and daughter. I'm overwhlemed with joy just thinking about it! Having a baby is a phenomenal experience and there is nothing in the world that compares to it... I should know we've done it three times already :) But having two at once has put my emotions on overdrive. Two new people to love more than I ever thought possible. Amazing.


Front view of the twin belly.


Side view at 37 weeks 1 day pregnant with the twins


For comparison, here I am on my due date with Maya. She was born within 12 hours of this picture being taken and was a 9 lb 3 oz baby! Comparing these two side by side makes me realize just how much bigger I really am. Despite carrying an extremely large singleton baby during this particular pregnancy, the two bellies aren't even close. Wow.

No comments: