Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So Far Behind...

I'm having trouble finding time to blog in case you all couldn't tell! Life has just been hectic around here! I ended up postponing my trip to Chicago because my Dad was in the hospital and I wanted to go to Cedar Falls to be with him last weekend. He is doing much better and is recuperating at home now. I am going to Chicago to meet Eden this weekend and I can't wait!

The girls have been good. Really good. They are such a breath of fresh air for me. Maybe it's because I just came from a classroom full of hyper, undisciplined 5 year olds, but I could just squeeze my girls to bits and pieces tonight. I was so excited to go pick up Makenna from her classroom. Even though my girls aren't perfect and may have their moments of crankiness :), they are so well-behaved and such sweet little girls. I'm am so thankful for Makenna and Maryn.

Maryn's had a rough last few weeks. She went probably 5-6 months without getting any teeth (after her inital 6 teeth came in) and now just got 4 of her molars in the last two to three weeks! Ouch! She has been surprisingly very good through most of it, with just a few crabby, clingy moments. She doesn't even typically get up or need anything at night due to the pain which I find absolutely amazing. That child loves her sleep :)

Maryn has a cute new habit. Anytime she gets really excited or wants something really bad, she will stand in one place and start stomping her feet and pointing (all while making "ah ah ah ah" noises). The stomping is so cute because it almost looks like she's trying to run in place :)

A story from awhile back that I forgot to blog about... the girls and I were at the playland at the mall and Makenna told me that she had to use the bathroom. So we walked to the nearest restroom and me, Makenna and Maryn in her stroller were all huddled into the handicap accessible stall. The bathroom was empty when we walked in but someone else came in after us and went in the stall next door. Makenna was taking her slow toddler time about things and then loudly announces in a very disgruntled voice "Mommy someone's really stinky!" And let me tell you, it wasn't Makenna that was stinky! Imagine my complete embarassment, but yet at the same time I'm trying not to laugh out loud! I rushed the girls out of there hoping we wouldn't run into whoever was in the stall next to us, but I think she was mortified enough to hide in there until we left.

Makenna has had a difficult time remembering Eden's name. So I was surprised a few mornings ago when she randomly told me that "Duckie has a new sister and her name is Eden." I said "Really! But you have a cousin named Eden." And she said "Yeah Mommy! Now we have two Edens in our family!" Of course! Why didn't I think of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear your Dad was in the hospital, hopefully things are ok now. Good to have you back on!

Carrie W:)