Well the girls put garage saling on our summer to-do list so we've been checking out a few sales lately. Well this week Maryn hit the jackpot. I gave Makenna and Maryn both $1 they could spend. Maryn decided on an ugly Barbie with mis-matched clothes that she pulled out of a 75 cent box full of Barbies. Maryn was more than pleased with her purchase, but as we started to drive home all of a sudden a new song belts out from the back seat. Apparently Maryn's "Barbie" was actually a Hannah Montana doll in disguise and if you push on her belly button she sings the same song over and over and over and over and over. I quickly overcame the annoyance that I unknowingly purchased a "loud" toy when I saw the sheer thrill on Maryn's face. She was SO excited! And her new toy was soon the envy of both of her sisters! She played with that doll all night (including letting us all listen to her song over and over and over and over) and continues to play with her. The funny thing is that my kids have never even seen Hannah Montana but they are still super excited about it! Way to go advertising, you did your job. Maryn calls her "Hannah Tanna" and will excitedly tell anyone that will listen "Did you know that Hannah Tanna lived at the garage sale?!"
Maryn with her Hannah Tanna doll
Maya trying to steal Hannah Tanna!
No comments:
Post a Comment