Josh and I decided that when each of our girls gets to the point where they can read well on their own, we are going to buy them their own official Bible. This way they can have their own copy of the Bible instead of sharing the many children's Bibles we use in our house. Well Makenna's day finally came. We took her to Family Christian book store and let her pick out a Bible. Of course the Bibles are much fancier than they were back when I was a kid! She picked out one with a flower on the cover and even got her name inscribed on the front in silver letters :) But most importantly, this little girl already gets the important message that is in that book. The day she asked Jesus into her heart was one of the best, most memorable days of my life. I pray daily that my children will grow up to love Christ and have a personal relationship with Him. What an answer to prayer when that happened with our oldest! We love you Makenna!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Makenna's Bible
Josh and I decided that when each of our girls gets to the point where they can read well on their own, we are going to buy them their own official Bible. This way they can have their own copy of the Bible instead of sharing the many children's Bibles we use in our house. Well Makenna's day finally came. We took her to Family Christian book store and let her pick out a Bible. Of course the Bibles are much fancier than they were back when I was a kid! She picked out one with a flower on the cover and even got her name inscribed on the front in silver letters :) But most importantly, this little girl already gets the important message that is in that book. The day she asked Jesus into her heart was one of the best, most memorable days of my life. I pray daily that my children will grow up to love Christ and have a personal relationship with Him. What an answer to prayer when that happened with our oldest! We love you Makenna!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment