Prior to the appointment, Maya wanted to take a nap. She was feeling so crummy she actually asked to be put to bed before lunch. I put her down and she was quiet for a little bit but would wake up every 5-10 minutes grabbing her ears and screaming. It was so sad. I couldn't wait to get her to the doctor's office. The picture below is her laying in mommy and daddy's bed sleeping with her hand on her ouchy ear :( She has never in her life slept in mommy and daddy's bed, but this was the only thing that would calm her down. Unfortunately this little cat nap only last about 10 minutes before she was crying again.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Sick Maya
Maya has had a rough few weeks. Right before her second birthday she had walking pneumonia. Now this past week she had a 3-4 day block of a fever virus that ended in a double ear infection with a yucky throat. She was absolutely miserable today. She had normal temps for one day before the ear infection set in so we thought she was getting better, but I knew something was wrong as soon as she woke up screaming this morning. She would randomly burst out screaming and crying and then started pulling on her ears mid-morning. I knew right away it was probably an ear infection and got her the first available appointment in the afternoon. Sure enough, both ears infected and her throat looks horrible. Thank God for antibiotics and painkillers.
Prior to the appointment, Maya wanted to take a nap. She was feeling so crummy she actually asked to be put to bed before lunch. I put her down and she was quiet for a little bit but would wake up every 5-10 minutes grabbing her ears and screaming. It was so sad. I couldn't wait to get her to the doctor's office. The picture below is her laying in mommy and daddy's bed sleeping with her hand on her ouchy ear :( She has never in her life slept in mommy and daddy's bed, but this was the only thing that would calm her down. Unfortunately this little cat nap only last about 10 minutes before she was crying again.
Prior to the appointment, Maya wanted to take a nap. She was feeling so crummy she actually asked to be put to bed before lunch. I put her down and she was quiet for a little bit but would wake up every 5-10 minutes grabbing her ears and screaming. It was so sad. I couldn't wait to get her to the doctor's office. The picture below is her laying in mommy and daddy's bed sleeping with her hand on her ouchy ear :( She has never in her life slept in mommy and daddy's bed, but this was the only thing that would calm her down. Unfortunately this little cat nap only last about 10 minutes before she was crying again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment